Here’s a basic check register template in Excel format that you can use:
- Open Microsoft Excel and create a new workbook.
- In cell A1, type “Date.”
- In cell B1, type “Check Number.”
- In cell C1, type “Payee.”
- In cell D1, type “Memo.”
- In cell E1, type “Withdrawals.”
- In cell F1, type “Deposits.”
- Starting from cell A2, enter the date of each transaction in column A.
- Enter the check number (if applicable) in column B.
- Enter the name of the payee in column C.
- Enter any memo or note for the transaction in column D.
- If the transaction is a withdrawal, enter the amount in column E. If the transaction is a deposit, enter the amount in column F.
- In cell E2, enter the formula “=SUM(E:E)” to calculate the total withdrawals.
- In cell F2, enter the formula “=SUM(F:F)” to calculate the total deposits.
- In cell G2, enter the formula “=F2-E2” to calculate the account balance.
- Format the cells as desired and save the file.
I certify that the above information is correct and accurate. By saving this file, I authorize [Your Name] to use this check register for financial tracking purposes.